By Abimbola Ogunnaike
Outgoing President, Muhammadu Buhari has debunked news making the round that he has dissolvedhis cabinet at the valedictory Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting of his administration
Buhari urged the ministers to remain in office till the last day of his administration on May 29 when he will hand over to President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
There have been reports that the President has dissolved the cabinet. But speaking with reporters after the FEC meeting, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information and Culture, said all ministers had been directed by President Buhari to return to their offices and continue with their duties.
“The news that the Federal Executive Council has been dissolved is not correct. We have been directed by the President that we should all go back and return to our offices. So, it is not true that the Federal Executive Council has been dissolved; it is still very much alive.
“We have all been directed to go back to our offices and I’m sure that we’re going to work up till 29th of May. So please ignore the fake news,” Mohammed said.